- This site is owned and operated by Drakes (Jewellers) Limited. Drakes Jewellers Limited, trading as Drakes Jewellers, has its registered office at c/o Francis Clark LLP, North Quay House, Sutton Harbour, Plymouth, PL4 0RA (registered company number: 00480013). At Drakes Jewellers (‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘Drakes’), we are committed to ensuring the personal information you trust us with is protected.
- This policy provides guidance on what information we hold, how we process and store your information as well as your rights about the information we hold about you as an individual.
WHERE WE GOT YOUR INFORMATION FROM
- All the personal information we hold in store has been provided by the stated individual. Data is collected from you when you:
- Purchase a product from us.
- Order an item.
- Enquire about an item.
- Place an item on hold.
- Sell us your gold.
- Use our services such as Drakes Jewellery Hospital, valuations and insurances.
- Sign up to receive our email marketing.
- Contact us via our website, email, social media, verbally or in writing.
- Create an account on our website.
- Agree to have photos taken for social media.
- Enter a competition online or in store.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE HOLD
- To carry out the necessary requirements in store (explained under ‘what we use your data for’) we collect the following personal information from you:
- Postal Address
- Contact Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Photos for promotional purposes
- CCTV footage for security
- We may also collect and process information about you from other sources, including:
- Location information (including GPS signals sent by a mobile device, location information gathered from social media networks or sensor or IP address data from your device);
- If you ask us to connect with other sites (for example if you ask us to connect with your Facebook account) we may get information that way too; and
- We may record telephone calls for quality assurance and training purposes.
WHAT WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR
- We will only use the personal information you have provided for the purpose it has been collected for. For example if you provide us with your email address as a method of contact for repair updates, this email will not be used for email marketing.
- Name, postal address, contact number, email address
- To process a sale
- Order an item
- Send an item for repair
- Open an enquiry
- Complete a valuation
- Verify an insurance claim
- To confirm ID when using an individual’s account.
All the above information is held to enable us to complete a contract with yourselves as the customer as set out above. Without this information we would be unable to fulfil your wishes.
- Email Addresses
- To receive email marketing from us.
- To reply to emails sent to us.
We will only use this information with the consent of yourself. You are able to update your email preferences or unsubscribe at any time by clicking here (link)
- CCTV footage
- For our customers and business security.
This is information that we are required to keep by law.
- Customer Photos
- Promotional activity
We will only take photos of yourself and share it with your consent. The purpose for these photos will be made clear at the time they are taken and will not be used for any other reason.
- Customer Feedback
- To contact you to discuss your feedback in more detail, if you so wish.
- To use your feedback for marketing purposes.
This will only be used if you have given consent on the form.
- We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purpose of monitoring website usage in order to help us to develop our website and our services. We may also provide this aggregate information to third parties.
WHERE IT IS STORED
- All your information is stored securely and is only shared with necessary third parties in some cases, see below.
- Your personal information is stored in house, at our local head office premises or on cloud backups.
- You can rest assure that we do our up most to protect your data and ensure that it is stored in such a way to do this.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH AND WHY
- To complete the contract we have agreed with yourself, in a lot of cases, it is necessary for us to share personal information with our Plymouth based Head Office.
- Our till provider, Bransom, stores all personal information that is entered into our system at time of purchase.
- On occasions, ICT Studio, as our contracted IT Company, will have access to personal data when working on our systems.
- The technical running of our website is maintained by GSL Media.
- We use Mailchimp to send our email marketing.
- We may disclose your personal data to enforce our policies, to comply with our legal obligations or in the interest of security, public interest or law enforcement in any country where we have entities or affiliates.
- Sometimes, it may be necessary to share your personal data with third party companies to carry out our obligations under the contract. For example, all jewellery and watch valuations are sent to a trusted third party to complete.
- In all instances, we require these companies to keep personal information confidential and secure so you as our customer can rest assured it is being protected. These third parties are only permitted to process the personal information in accordance with our instructions and not for any other purpose.
- We do not share your personal data with any third parties outside the EU unless you give us permission to send your details as part of an insurance claim.
- If this were to change, we would notify you via signage in store and email to those we have permission to.
HOW LONG DO WE NEED TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
- We hold personal data for varying amounts of time depending on the purpose of use. The personal data will be held as follows:
|TILL INFORMATION||6 YEARS + CURRENT FROM LAST PURCHASE DATE|
|SPECIAL ORDERS||6 YEARS + CURRENT FROM ORDER DATE|
|ENQUIRIES – PROCEDABLE||ATTACHED TO THE SPECIAL ORDER FORM AND THEN 6 YEARS + CURRENT FROM ORDER DATE|
|ENQUIRIES – NON PROCEEDABLE||3 MONTHS|
|GOLD BUYING||6 YEARS + CURRENT|
|ON HOLD TICKETS||FOR THE DURATION OF THE TIME WE HAVE AGREED TO HOLD THE ITEM OR UNTIL IT HAS BEEN COLLECTED.|
|REPAIRS||10 YEARS + CURRENT|
|SHOP JOBS||6 YEARS + CURRENT|
|EMAIL MARKETING||UNTIL SOMEONE UNSUBSCRIBES OR IF THEY HAVE NOT OPENED AN EMAIL FOR 1 YEAR|
|CUSTOMER FEEDBACK FORMS||3 MONTHS, THEN AN ANONYMOUS RECORD IS KEPT OF THE RESULTS BUT ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION IS ERASED|
|INSURANCE CLAIMS||UNTIL THE CUSTOMER COLLECTS FROM THE STORE|
|V12 FINANCE||6 YEARS + CURRENT|
|WEBSITE ACCOUNT||UNTIL THE ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE FOR 18 MONTHS|
|PICTURES FOR PROMOTIONAL PERIODS||UNTIL IT IS SHARED ON SOCIAL MEDIA/OUR WEBSITE|
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
- Your data is not subject to Automated Decision Making.
YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR DATA
- You have the right to information about what personal data we process, how and on what basis as set out in this policy.
- You have the right to access your own personal data by means of a ‘Subject Access Request’,
- This request must be made in writing, electronically and should be sent to our designated Data Protection Officer, Nicola Price via email@example.com
- This request will be fulfilled within 30 calendar days to the original method of contact.
- There is no fee for a Subject Access Request, however if the request is found to be manifestly unfounded or excessive we may charge you a reasonable administrative fee or refuse to fulfil your request.
- The exceptions to this are:
- Data that could disclose a trade secret
- Data about you that is subject to a legal professional privilege
- Data that discloses the identity of third parties unless their prior consent is received.
- We have been advised that your personal information cannot be recovered without causing harm to data backups.
- You have the right to have any inaccuracies in your personal data amended. To do this, the changes must be made to one of our in store team or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to request that your personal data is erased whereby we are not entitled under the law to process it or it is no longer necessary to process it for its original purpose. To do so, your request must be made in writing to email@example.com.
- While you are requesting that personal data is corrected, erased or are contesting its lawfulness of our processing, you can apply for it to be restricted while the application is made. To do this, your request must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to object to how we are processing your data in some cases. However, in some cases it is not possible to object.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent, to do this, it must be made in writing to email@example.com.
- You have the right to be notified of a data security breach concerning your data.
- We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or another service we may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
COOKIES AND OTHER INFORMATION-GATHERING TECHNOLOGY
- For more information on which cookies we use and how we use them, see our Cookies Policy.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND SERVICES
- This site may contain links to third parties’ websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those websites. Therefore, please read carefully any privacy policies on those links or websites before either agreeing to their terms or using those websites.
- Note that, despite the measures taken by us and the third parties we may engage, the internet is not secure. As a result, others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data.
CONCERNS OR COMPLAINTS
- If you are unhappy, concerned or would like to make a complaint about the way your data is being collected or used, you can either contact us as the ‘Data Controller’ or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Complaints can be made to Drakes Data Protection Officer, Nicola Price, directly via email on email@example.com.
- Full contact details for the Information Commissioners Office can be found on their website (ico.org.uk) along with further guidance on your rights and obligations.