Peter Goord Travel- Your Honeymoon Specialists
Posted on October 10th, 2018
Thinking of booking your honeymoon? Peter Goord Travel are an independent family run travel agency that have traded from the same premises for over 50 years.
With a choice of amazing short and long haul destinations, as well as bespoke holiday options for honeymoons and weddings abroad, the team at Peter Goord Travel are on hand to help you find your perfect honeymoon destination. Company founder Peter Goord is now retired, but his sons Anthony and Victor still take care of the family business. Anthony is the face ‘front of house’, while Victor works on the digital and marketing side of the company.
Anthony has shared his top 5 tips for finding your perfect honeymoon;
- ‘Remember this is your special holiday. Make sure it is to a destination and holiday type that you both enjoy together. Honeymoons can be as contrasting as hiking up Kilimanjaro to relaxing on beautiful beaches in the Maldives.
- Make sure you tell your Travel Agent the realistic budget you have. This will make it easier for them to find the perfect Honeymoon for your money. It’s a good idea to book an appointment in advance with your agent so you can be allocated a Travel Specialist in the areas you’re looking to go.
- If the Honeymoon you really want is costing more than you’d hoped, why not ask your Travel Agent about ‘Honeymoon vouchers’ from your wedding guests, to boost your budget.
- Make sure your travel documents match your passports. It’s very easy to book a Honeymoon in your married name when your passport is in your maiden name.
- It’s your Honeymoon so shout to the rooftops about your special holiday. Make sure your Travel Agent knows so they can advise the Tour Operator, Airline and Hotel in advance. You’d be surprised the upgrades and extras you can receive by mentioning that you’ve just got married. Don’t forget to take your ‘Wedding Certificate’ with you though, as sometimes you are asked for proof.’
We are so excited to have Peter Goord Travel on board in the Drakes Engagement Gift pack. They offer the most spectacular honeymoon packages that will help make your special and first trip as a married couple unforgettable. For more information about some of their amazing deals, check out their website or call them on 01752 364186 to book an appointment.